Annie's Homegrown, Macaroni & Cheese, Shells and White Cheddar, Organic, 6 oz (170 g)
- Certified Organic
- Made with 100% Organic Valley Real Cheese
- USDA Organic
Made with Goodness!
- No artificial flavors, synthetic colors or preservatives
- A good source of calcium & protein
- Our farms produced this without antibiotics, synthetic hormones or persistent pesticides
Family Farms…grow the organic wheat and raise the organic cows, to make flour for our macaroni and to reduce milk for our cheese, to make your meal wonderfully wholesome and delicious!
My husband Rob and I were the Annie’s consumer relations and mail order tem for several years and were accustomed to the phone ringing day and night. If the phone rang at 2:00am, it might have been a friend or family member, but more likely it was someone calling to order mac & cheese.
Annie’s original warehouse was an old grain mill without climate control. Rob and I had addresses every mail-order case, and during the winter months I often used a hair dryer to keep my fingers nimble. We packed our two-door Volkswagen with up to 50 cases, keeping our tiny post office busy.
My connection to our consumers deepened with every case sent during those years; a connection I believe, is the foundation of Annie’s.
Bye for now… Annie
Annie’s Way in 10 Minutes
- Boil: 6 Cups water in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in: Pasta, bring to boil. Cook 8-10 minutes or until done, stirring occasionally.
- Drain Pasta: in colander while pasta is draining…
- Add: 3 Tbsp. lowfat milk to the warm saucepan. (Optional –add 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter for richer flavor)
- Sprinkle: cheese over milk; stir to combine.
- Add: Cooked pasta back to saucepan and stir well. Enjoy!
Annie suggestions: For a RICHER flavor, add 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter. For a CREAMY, TANGY version, replace milk with ½ cup lowfat yogurt.
Keep in a cool dry place.
Organic wheat shell pasta, organic valley organic cheddar cheese (organic cultured pasteurized milk, salt, non-animal enzymes), organic whey, salt, sodium phosphate.
Contains milk and wheat ingredients.
Made on shared equipment that also processes egg and soy.
Certified organic by Oregon Tilth
We source only ingredients stated to be free of genetically modified organisms.
|Serving Size: 2.5 oz (71) About 1 cup prepared|
|Servings Per Container: About 2.5|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value**||% Daily Value**|
|Total Fat||3.5 g*||5%||5%|
|Sat. Fat||2 g||10%||10%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carb.||47 g||16%||16%|
|Thiamin (Vit. B1)||10%||10%|
*Amount in mix. Prepared with 3 tbsp lowfat milk adds 10 calories (5 fat cal), 10mg sodium, 1 g total carb. (1 g sugars), 1g protein.
|Total Fat||Less than||65 g||80 g|
|Sat. Fat||Less than||20 g||25 g|
|Cholest.||Less than||300 mg||300 mg|
|Sodium||Less than||2,400 mg||2,400 mg|
|Total Carb.||300 g||375 g|
|Fiber||25 g||30 g|
|Protein||50 g||65 g|